Sunday, February 21, 2010


I have some elements to work on.  This cutting and unravelling didn't quite work out as it was supposed to, but I muddled thru.  I somehow made my opening a whole row too wide.  Don't know quite how I did that, but I ended up with two cut pieces on either side instead of one.

It's done!  It was scary going there toward the end.  I dropped a lot of stitches trying to figure out the binding off (the book had an improvement that I couldn't grok so I skipped it).  Then the same thing happened closing the heel.  I simply couldn't figure out the 3 needle bind off and dropped a lot of stitches in the process, so I made something up and it seems to have worked.

On the bright side, I can now repair dropped stitches.  ;-]

Now I'd better get to the second sock before I forget what I just did.

No comments: